Our senior pastor at Crossroads Church in Loveland Colorado, @johnsmithcrsrds, has shared in a couple of leadership settings that statistics are showing that the average church attendere goes two out of every nine weeks. Stating the obvious -- this is not good!
A few years ago in a leadership gathering with Bill Hybels, senior pastor of Willowcreek Community Church Bill shared five reasons why it is important to go to church -- I trust this will resonate with you.
- Jesus modeled it for us. He made it a practice of His. Luke 4:16 "When he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, he went to the synagogue on the sabbath day, as was his custom."
- A reminder that you are not alone -- that you are not crazy
- Important for our children. Your kids are depending on you They cannot drive themselves.
- The Power of the Manifest Presence of God -- Matthew 18:20 "For where two or three are gathered in my name, I am there among them."
- Out of Discipline and Obedience. Hebrews 10:24, 25 "And let us consider how to provoke one another to love and good deeds, 25not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day approaching."