What makes a good book?
Though there are many determing factors that you can mention, for me, what makes a good book is whether it gets me and others talking. Not just thinking, but talking where what is being read compels me to share my learnings or its content with others.
An arena of life that I spend a good portion of my time is in a local church. And here are five books that I and friends and colleagues of mine have read that have lead to some great discussion about the church and what it means to be a Christ follower. I hope you will be prodded to read one or all of these books.
- The Next Christians by Gabe Lyons
- Untamed by Alan Hirsch
- Generous Justice by Timothy Keller
- Radical by David Platt
- Crazy Love by Francis Chan
I believe it has done so for the following reasons ...
- The timeliness of its content -- it has implications for the world we are living in now.
- Accessibility -- people can engage in its content regardless of the prior knowledge to subject matter.
- It gets you think because as it challenges your current point of view.