Last week on a trip to Chicago for the Leadership Summit Debrief in a couple of sittings I read Gifted to Lead -- The Art of Leading as a Woman in the Church by Nancy Beach. By the title of the book alone you can tell who the audience that this book is focusing on.
But to think this book is only written with benefits to women would be a mistake. So from a male's perspective -- here are some reasons and there are many, why men should read this book.
1. Simply it is a great leadership book. The principles shared in this book are applicable to any leader regardless of gender.
2. The ethos of its author. I am humbled to be able to call Nancy a mentor and friend. She is the real deal. And the learnings presented in this book are leadership extractions taken from over 30 years of serving in the trenches of the local church as a staff person and volunteer.
3. There are leadership insights that only women possess or that women are naturally better at that males need to tap into.
4. It will help us to better understand, lead and equip the women we serve with. And in the case with my church and probably yours there are more women serving then men.
5. The humor and insight found in the section "Stuff Males Never Deal With" (p.77-81).I hope you will be prodded to read this great leadership book.